Wednesday, September 10, 2008

fire and ice



Tada! My first completed assignment for the fall semester. The effects of human activities on the ecosystem, particularly national parks. I over think everything! Most of the time to my disadvantage, but coming up with a way to relate all the cards using a backdrop of mountain ranges with endangered species snow silhouettes actually got me a round of applause from my 'sustainable methods' class. The more immediate, obvious effects of human activities in national parks are on the first cards and the long term affects are toward the back. The snow caps are prominent at first, fade and then disappear by the last card. The blue sky depicts some of the positive things that humans are doing to help the environment. I definitely over-did this week-long project, but I'm just on fire after a long summer vacation. I just hope the enthusiasm doesn't melt any time soon.